It is time for me to pick my one monthly goal, and yes I will have more than one, because I just can't help myself. I am thankful for Heidi at Red Letter Quilts for leading this process because setting goals really does help me make progress.
I am struggling on picking a goal for this month, not because I have nothing to choose, but because I have so much to do. I would love to pick something to be quilted, but I jacked up my knee and I'm not sure if I will be able to get anything quilted this month. So that leaves a piecing goal and I'm having a hard time choosing only one. But here goes...
I've decided that my main goal for this month will be to piece my tic tac toe quilt. It was my bee quilt from the Bee Hive last year. I've received all my blocks but wanted it larger so I've needed to make more blocks. If you read my 4x7 sewing challenge post you know I needed 9 blocks to finish it and I've already done 6 of those, so I just have three left. So I want to finish those and get the top pieced this month. I have cut all the blocks and yesterday I was able to finish 5 of them at one sitting. I'm really loving these blocks.
Now I can't just set one goal, that would be too easy, I have several more things I would like to get done this month. So I'm going to list them here. They don't count on the OMG scale, but they are still important to me.
1. Bee Blocks. I'm part of two different bees, so two blocks to make. I have already completed my Stash Bee blocks, and they were so much fun. They are very simple heart blocks and I made three without any effort at all. I also have to do a double star block for the bee hive group and hope to get it done by this weekend. But here is the blocks I finished (just because I love lots of pictures).
2. Finish piecing Ariella's memory quilt. All the rows are pieced I just need to iron it and get the side sashing on it. I almost finished it last month, but my bum knee kept me out of the sewing room the last few days of the month.
3. Selfish sewing. I'm going to focus at least 30 minutes a day sewing for myself as part of the 4x7 Sewing Challenge, so I want to get lots done. It will include my main goal listed above, but I also want to get as many cross blocks and flying geese blocks done as possible so I can get those tops pieced as well.
4. Start piecing Samuel's memory quilt. Since I should finish Ariella's top this weekend I want to move on to Samuel's. I need to finish these, so I'm trying to keep myself on track and work on the every week until they are done.
5. Piece the back for at least one quilt. I'm not sure if it will be Sharla's Norway or my purple quilt, but I want a backing ready so when my knee is better I can get something onto the long arm. The memory quilt all have backings ready, so they will most likely go first, but I still want more ready and waiting.
So that is my list for February, I'm hoping to make great progress on them. I will be linking up with Heidi at Red Letter Quilts.