Tuesday, September 29, 2015

A Lovely Year of Finishes - September Completes

I know I have one more day, and could probably get something else done on my list, but I'm calling September done.  I got lots done and nothing done.  Makes lots of sense right.  I got lots done, in that I worked on things, but nothing because so many things are still in progress.  But here goes, time to review my list.

1. Bee Blocks. Done!!! This was my main goal and they are done and have been taken to the post office. Yeah I even made it before the last day of the month (ok just one day early, but I will take it). I liked both blocks this month and see me making quilts with them in the future.  For the Stash Bee I did Pineapple blocks for Grace and these were easy and made big blocks, so a quilt should come together quickly. For the Bee Hive I did a Jagged Little Pill block for Tori. Now I had this one all put together and posted on FB when I was told I had done it wrong. I had to take it apart and put it back together, but I still love the block.


2. Midnight Mystery QAL. I am all done with this month's instructions and am anxiously awaiting the next set that should come out on Thursday of this week.  This month we did square in a square blocks and they were fun and easy to do.  I used my bloc-loc flying geese ruler to trim them which made the trimming fast.


3. Turning Twenty BOM Stars. I've completed both sets of stars. I'm learning something pretty important along the way and that is I don't like little blocks. I'm loving the 12" blocks, but the 6" ones are killing me. I still can't picture in my head how this is going to work, but I'm still loving all the Miss Kate fabrics.  Here are the last set of blocks, I've already put the ones from earlier this month into my box.


4. Trey and Jess's Tree Skirt. Well I opened the jelly roll and started grouping strips together, but that is it.  It is going to have to be tops on my list for next month.

5. Dog Gone Cute Quilt. I have the four blocks I'm using done. But I want to add more sashing around them. I used different background colors on each block and I want to sash them first with the background color that matches the block and then a yellow that I'm also going to use for the back of the quilt. I had hoped to have the first layer of sashing done by today, but it just ain't happening.
6. Cross Blocks. I actually got 21 more blocks done.  I'm getting closer and closer. I've got my list of colors to make and I'm slowly whittling them down.  I cut the blocks early in the month, so I could sew on them in between things, which really worked well. The other 3 are duplicates of one of the centers shown, and so I skipped photographing them.


7. Memory Quilts. Very little progress, but I did do some organizing on them.

8. Sharla's Machine Cover. Done, complete, finished!!!!!  Yeah, it feels so good to totally finish something. So many of my projects are on going things, that I forget that sense of accomplishment when something is totally done. It even looks good covering my machine. I think we may have made it a little wider than needed, but it will work.


9. Flying Geese/Tic Tac Toe Blocks. I've made some progress on both of these, but one more than the other. I've sewn enough geese for 7 more blocks.  I have them put together in their sides, but I want to wait until I have more until I put the two sides together.  I will say flying geese are fast becoming my favorite block to make.  I've also cut the fabric for 7 more tic tac toe blocks, but haven't done any sewing on them yet.


10. Quilt something. Well I did quilt Sharla's machine cover, but I was hoping for more. That was the only thing quilted this month.

So I'm saying I finished or made good progress on 7 out of 10, which for me is a major win.  Next month I'm going to have to focus on a couple of things left on the list, but hey, I'm very happy with what I got done. Plus aren't those geese just too cute!!!!  Today I am linking up with Melissa of Sew BitterSweet Designs and Shannon of Fiber of All Sorts.

5 comments:

  1. I think you made a lot of progress this month! Lots of block sewing, for sure. :) I hope you have a wonderful October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though things are still in progress, you accomplished a lot. I love the green and blue block (second photo). So simple, yet awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been one busy bee...that's a whole lot of piecing. I think you had a pretty productive September. I used the Miss Kate fabrics on a BOM that hopefully will be finishing up soon. The colors just make me so happy. Hope your October is as productive as September.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've had a lot going on this month, great eye candy! Hands down my fave are those pineapple blocks though - Grace is going to have a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made a block for Grace too and found it a lot of fun. I can imagine making a pineapple quilt one day, which I would not have done before trying her block.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!