Thursday, August 6, 2015

A Lovely Year of Finishes: August Goals

Well it is time to set my goals for August and to be honest I'm just lacking a little motivation...ok I'm lacking a lot of motivation.  Now I'm guessing it has to do with the fact I'm on day three of limited to no a/c and the temperature in Texas has just be dang hot. So I have no desire to do anything but sit in front of my fan.  But hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow and I have lots of things I need to get done. So let's get listing

1. Bee Block.  I only have one to do this month because I'm the queen in my other bee. Of course I'm afraid of this one because it has curved piecing, but I'm going to muscle through if it kills me.

2. Gypsy Queen Mystery Quilt. I'm testing the pattern and I think I would have been done, if I had a/c. But my sewing room tends to be warm anyway. I have all the pieces and I just need to get it pieced together. It is a fun quilt and if you've not checked it out, then you can find the info on it at Cora's Quilts blog.

3. Midnight Mystery Quilt. We got the first sewing instructions today and it is for flying geese. How awesome is that, I'm been crushing on anything and everything geese. So I plan on knocking those off soon. And she even has us using the no waste four at a time method which is my favorite.  There is still time to join this QAL as well and you can find out about it at Meadow Mist Designs' blog.

4. Turning Twenty BOM blocks. We get instructions for 2 blocks per month and we do a 12" and 6" of each block. So far I'm staying up with it, and I don't want to fall behind. So far the blocks have been lots of fun. I've not done many star blocks so it is fun doing all these different ones.  Here is the last one I finished for July.


5.  Sharla's Machine Cover. I have to get something quilted and this one should be easy. Plus it will get me brownie points with her. And it is something off of this quarter's list too.


6. Memory Quilts. I think I have devised a plan. I am going to cut all the sashing and then I will sew one row every time I go into the sewing room. It won't be fast, but it will be progress. If I can do this then hopefully I will have another top completed by the end of this month.

7. Cross Blocks. I need to push and do some more of these. I'm about 75% done, so the end of doing blocks is getting close. I want to complete at least 20 more blocks this month.

8. Quilt something else. Now I have several things ready to quilt, and at this point I don't really care which item I pick, I just want to get something quilted. Two somethings would be even better.

9. Clean the Sewing Room. I know this goes on the list often, but it gets messy. I bought lots of tubs for my FQs, so many in fact they all don't fit on my shelves. So I want to do a little re-arranging to see if I can make it work a little better.  This one definitely has to wait until the a/c is working.

10. Take more photos. I want to document what I'm doing better, and I need to get into a better habit of taking photos of the different steps. I am still working on how I'm going to get that done, but recently I said I was going to print a list of my to do's and the wonderful Carla from Granny Maud's Girl told me she used a white board for her projects.  I'm thinking of getting one and using it to list shots I want to get and then I can check it off as I go along.  And if it doesn't work for that I can always use it to list my projects.

Yes I know it is a long list this month, but hey I would rather aim high and miss than not to try at all. Today I'm linking up with Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts and Melissa of Sew BitterSweet Designs.

4 comments:

  1. A white board is a really fun idea for a way to track your projects; Carla has great ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing your A/C a speedy, speedy recovery! Ours went out in mid-July right before my son's 2nd birthday party ... during the middle of a big heat wave ... so I feel your pain! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, indeed, I do use a small whiteboard. I rewrite it at the start of each month. It has four sections: stuff to sew this month, projects to chip away at in waiting rooms, things I want to make in the next few months and projects that are really on the back burner (one day!) but I need to write down so I do not forget they exist. :)
    Glad to see you have a plan for those memory quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list, I love the big and little versions of the block, that is so fun. I think that cleaning my sewing room is on my list every month :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!