Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A Lovely Year Of Finishes: September Goals

Can you believe it is already September?  I am struggling with how fast time is flying these days.  But never the less it is time for me to set my September goal(s).  I know for A Lovely Year Of Finishes it is only supposed to be one goal, but I like doing all of my goals for the month and it helps me stay accountable, if only to myself.

Goal 1 - This is my primary goal for the month, and it is to finish my Cupid Shuffle quilt.  I cut it out this weekend and began sewing.  Right now all the columns are sewn together and I'm sewing the background onto the columns. I want to finish the top and get it quilted.  I have to say I am loving the pattern and the fabric on this one.


Goal 2 - Quilt the test quilt for Cora's Quilts.  I've finished the top and instead of quilting it over the holiday weekend I worked on the above quilt.  It shouldn't take long to do, because it is only a crib size, but I want it done.  I plan on hanging it behind my sewing machine in my sewing room.  I can't show you a photo of it, because it hasn't been released yet, but you'll see it before September is done.

Goal 3 - Bee Blocks in the mail.  This month our Queen Bee is Nesta of Ella and Nesta's Little Room and she picked a Cross Stitch block. Since the block she picked is small, we are going to do 8 blocks for her. I want to do my test blocks this week, so I can make sure I have everything down, before I start working on her blocks.  Here is the photo she shared of her test block. She wants low volume background with orange, yellow or pink "X's".  I'm excited because I'm going to try glue basting with these.


Goal 4 - Finish borders on my Texas Quilt.  I went to my local quilt shop on Monday and found fabric for the border.  So I am hoping to get all the borders on it, and if things go well, maybe even get it quilted.  I looked at greys and blacks and didn't care for any of them and then found a white on white print that I really like.  Since I had it with me all the ladies in the shop had to oooohhh and aaaahhh over it, which was fun.

Goal 5 - Get another quilt cut for either Sharla or I.  I think it will be a quilt called Box Trot for Sharla using the Wishes by Sweetwater line, but if I can I would like to get another one cut for me.  I'm thinking my next one will be one using Mod Century by Jenn Ski for Moda.  I have a charm pack and jelly roll and I plan on just framing the charm square with the jelly roll fabric.  It should be easy, and I just love the bright colors of this line.

Now I have more than 5 goals for the month, in fact if I listed them all there would be about fifteen or more. But I know I can't get them all done.  I will say this, writing down my goals has really helped me focus my energy this year, and I like that so much.  I am linking up with Shannon of Fiber of All Sorts and Melissa of Sew BitterSweet Designs.

4 comments:

  1. I think September is going to be a slower month for me, personally. I have family visiting now and then I visit the other side of the family later in the month. I'm looking forward to the visiting as a bit of a change in pace. I am very curious about your crib quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished Nesta's blocks. You will have fun choosing fabrics from your stash and probably won't need glue. I only used two pins! Easy!
    The only tricky bit is trimming and not slipping with the ruler. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great list! I wish you many finishes this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought some glue to try glue basting I just need to get the courage to try it out! Hoping to use it on a binding today if I can choose binding fabric!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!